Along with love and exercise there are two things a dog needs every single day: food and water. Sounds pretty obvious because it’s something all living creatures need to survive but not all food and water bowls are created equal for your furry friends. If you don’t want a fancy automatic water bowl, then plain stainless steel dog bowls are probably all you need to buy for your dog.
Unfortunately for you as a buyer, not all bowls are created equal, so you’re forced to wade through an endless selection of products never knowing which one will be best for your dog. Lucky for you then because we’ve compiled a short list of some of the best stainless steel dog bowls for you to choose from.
Why Choose Stainless Steel Dog Bowls?
Everyone knows that stainless steel products are usually considered to be quality products. Many professional industries choose to use stainless steel products from hospitals to chefs. But why is stainless steel chosen over less expensive materials like plastic? There are four key reasons:
Easy to Clean
Stainless steel is more durable and can withstand just about any harmful chemical or cleaning product. This means it can be cleaned over and over without the surface ever breaking down. That’s especially important when you need the surface to be sanitary every time it’s used.
Resistant to Rust
Especially if you’re going to be using a stainless steel dog water bowl, you want the bowl to be rust resistant. This adds to the value because you won’t have to replace the bowl every year. As long as you regularly clean and maintain the bowl, you should always have a clean and reliable place to put water for your dog to get a drink.
Having a non-porous surface means that stainless steel is resistant to bacteria, viruses and stains. Using any regular cleaning solution, like dish soap, will be enough to sanitize the surface of the bowl without worrying about any crevices.
While not super relevant for a hospital or a chef, this feature is definitely something to consider before buying a dog water bowl. Stainless steel is incredibly durable and can take a beating. This is great if you have a dog that likes to chew on his or her bowl. They can be dropped or thrown and still be perfectly usable.
Top Stainless Steel Dog Bowls
If you’re not looking for anything too fancy and just want a good stainless steel bowl for your dog to eat or drink from, then this list should give you exactly what you’re looking for. These bowls won’t have many features but they will be some of the best at what they do offer: a reliable food or water bowl.
YETI Boomer Stainless Steel Dog Bowl
There’s nothing your dog loves more after a long day of playing than to run to their bowl for a nice drink of water or something to eat. What you need as a dog owner is a bowl that is reliable and will last. The YEI Boomer dog bowl is the perfect choice. This bowl holds 4 cups of food or 32 ounces of water and is 18/8 food grade stainless steel. This makes the bowl resistant to rust and punctures from your dog’s teeth.
Key Features of the YETI Boomer Stainless Steel Bowl:
- Non-Slip Dog Bowl – The bearfoot non-slip ring prevents your dog from pushing their food and water around while eating or drinking. This can reduce spills and messes that come from the bowl moving around if they’re a more enthusiastic drinker.
- Dishwasher Safe – Nothing beats easy-to-clean stainless steel dog bowls. Now you don’t even need to wash your dog’s bowl by hand. Just throw it in the dishwasher and forget about it until it’s finished running.
- Rust Resistant – As with most stainless steel bowls, you don’t have to worry about this bowl rusting assuming you take proper care of it.
Peggy 11 No Spill Non-Skid Stainless Steel Dog Bowl
What’s better than one high-quality bowl? A 2-pack of stainless steel dog bowls. The Peggy 11 dog bowls come in packs of two and have silicone bottoms to prevent slipping. This not only prevents tipping and spills, but it helps protect your hardwood floors from getting scratched. Each bowl holds either 3 cups of food or 26-ounces of water. You also don’t have to
Key Features of the Peggy 11 No Spill Stainless Steel Deep Dog Bowl:
- Multiple sizes to choose from. They offer a 3 cup, 6 cup, 8 cup and 16 cup model to fit your needs and the size of your dog.
- Holds 26-ounces or 3 cups of dry kibble, wet food or water. Perfect for feeding time. Depending on the size of your dog, the bowls may need refilling frequently so may be worth upgrading to a larger size.
- Two-pack of Stainless Steel Bowls are convenient for having a dedicated bowl for food and water. The products are listed as grey for food and blue for water.
- Non-slip design prevents your dog from moving their bowl when eating or drinking. It keeps your floor dry and scratch-free thanks to the silicone bottoms.
- Dishwasher safe means clean-up quick and easy. Just toss the bowl into your dishwasher and you’ll have a clean bowl the next time your dog needs to eat.
Bergan Standard Dog Bowl
The Bergan stainless steel dog bowl provides a solid and durable bowl that makes meal time an enjoyable experience for your dog. The bowl is the perfect solution for dry food, wet food or water. They even give you the option of ordering a 2-pack so you can have matching bowls for food and water. This stainless steel dog bowl is dishwasher safe or can be washed by hand pretty quick with regular dish soap and water.
Key Features of the Bergan Standard Stainless Steel Dog Bowl:
- Stainless Steel design ensures the bowl is durable and rust resistant. The material also makes it easy to clean like every other bowl listed here. Just a quick scrub with soap and water or pop it into the dishwasher and the bowl will be clean and ready to use.
- Multiple sizes to choose from. They offer a 2 cup, 3 cup, 11 cup, 17 cup and a 17 cup 2-pack of bowls to make choosing one that works best for your dog an easy task.
- Wide opening accommodates up to 17 cups of dry food (only in the largest bowl). Perfect for larger dogs who need more food per meal. It can be challenging to pick bigger bowls so this is a great solution for that problem.
- Outdoor and Indoor approved. Durable and resilient stainless steel means you don’t have to worry about it breaking if your big outdoor dog tosses it around occasionally.
Vivaglory Stainless Steel Dog Bowls
Looking for a visually appealing, durable and dishwasher safe dog bowl set? Well then look no further than the Vivaglory stainless steel dog bowl set. Great for dogs of all sizes, the stainless steel bowls come with a silicone mat that is non-spill and skid-resistant to reduce messes when your dog eats or drinks.
Key Features of the Vivaglory Dog Bowls:
- Multiple sizes to choose from. 7 oz, 14 oz, 30 oz and 52 oz bowls are available to choose from depending on the size of your dog. The small size is ideal for puppies and cats but anything bigger and you’ll want to choose one of the bigger bowls.
- Non spill and slip resistant means the bowls aren’t going anywhere when your dog is eating or getting a drink of water. The silicon mat is sturdy and also keeps your floors dry and food-free.
- The spill proof mats come in 11 different colors so they offer some customization depending on the decor of the room your dog eats in. While not especially important, it’s a nice option to have.
Platinum Pets Embossed Stainless Steel Dog Bowl
Have you ever thought that stainless steel bowls are boring? Might seem strange but your dog’s water and food bowl don’t have to look dull if you’d rather them have a more vibrant look. That’s where Platinum Pets dog bowls come in. Offering a wide variety of colors and sizes, you can find a colorful dog water bowl that you think looks the best.
The key to the vibrant, platinum colors of these dog bowls is their proprietary powder coating process that turns dull and boring stainless steel into a beautiful work of art. They are completely chip, rust and fade resistant so you don’t have to worry about the quality degrading over time.
Key Features of the Platinum Pets Stainless Steel Dog Bowls:
- Beautiful platinum color bowls that come in a wide variety of different colors. They really are amazing to look at and can add color to a room compared to a regular dog water or food bowl.
- The silicon ring on the bottom of the bowl ensures that the bowl doesn’t slide around while your dog is eating or drinking. It helps prevent skidding and spilling and reduces the mess you have to clean up after every meal if you have a messy eater.
- Resistant to chipping, fading and rust means you won’t have to worry about replacing the bowl. The bowl will maintain its beautiful color for a long time.
ProSelect Dog Stainless Steel Slow Feed Dog Bowl
Do you have a dog that tends to eat a little too fast at meal time causing an upset stomach or throwing up? Believe it or not, this is a common problem many dog owners run into and something a simple purchase can fix. Slow feed dog bowls are designed to slow your dog down when eating to reduce bloating. The small pillar obstructions placed in the bowl force your dog to work a little harder when eating which slows them down.
Key Features of the ProSelect Stainless Steel Dog Bowls:
- Slow feed design promotes a healthier eating speed and reduces the chance your dog will eat too fast and upset his or her stomach.
- Made in the USA and are durable enough for the dishwasher making cleanup quick and easy.
- Veterinarian tested and recommended for use with kibble or canned food.
- Three Sizes: Small (12 oz), Medium (40 oz) and Large (64 oz) make it so you can find a bowl that fits the size of your dog.
Vivaglory Stainless Steel Dog Bowls w/ Non Spill Mat
Similar to the other Vivaglory bowls listed earlier in this article, this particular product is a single bowl dog mat. The extra wide silicone mat has a raised edge that helps reduce spills and messes from reaching the floor. The mat holds the stainless steel bowl in place making it difficult to push around or tip over during meals or drinking water.
Key Features of the Vivaglory Stainless Steel Dog Bowls:
- 1-Year Warranty from Vivaglory should give you confidence when purchasing this product. They provide a warranty against defects in the material and workmanship of the dog bowls.
- Unique and Stylish Design beats a boring dog mat and stainless steel dog bowls. Adding some cool designs and colors to your dog’s meal times can add some color to the room and it makes it easier to see when walking through. No more tripping over the empty dog bowl.
- Extra wide silicone mat catches any spilled food that gets pushed from the bowl while your dog eats or gets a drink. It reduces the mess you have to clean up and reduces the times you have to change your wet socks after stepping in water that dripped onto the floor. Especially important if you have a mess drinker.
How to Clean Your Stainless Steel Dog Bowls
While stainless steel bowls are more durable and hygienic than plastic bowls, they aren’t completely indestructible and require some care to ensure you get the most out of your bowl for years to come. For the benefit of your dog’s health, here are a few things you should do to ensure their food and water dishes are completely sanitized.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth to safely remove any debris from the bowl.
- For any buildup or tried food, consider soaking the stainless steel bowl in vinegar or warm soap and water to loosen and sterilize the bowl.
- Run it through the dishwasher (if your bowl is listed as being dishwasher safe).
Note: In order to prevent rusting, it is recommended to use bottled water if your dog’s bowl because tap water in many cities will contain high levels of chlorine which can lead to rusting in your bowl. While not stainless steel is rust resistant, it isn’t 100% protected from rusting so making little changes will increase the life of your stainless steel dog bowls.