Staying hydrated while traveling or doing outdoor activities is important for you and your dog. When it comes to traveling or exercising outside with your dog, it’s important to have a portable dog water bottle to help keep your dog cool and hydrated. There are plenty of affordable options online when you search for a portable dog drinking bottle, but choosing one that fits your needs is the hard part.
We scoured the Internet reading reviews and looking at ratings to help you find the ideal water bottle for your dog. Things we considered before listing it in this article include material, ratings, durability, cost and functionality.
Tuff Pupper PupFlask Portable Water Bottle
The first thing you need to consider when purchasing a dog water bottle is the material it’s made out of. This particular water bottle is made from FDA approved 100% food grade silicon and is BPA and lead free. The pupflask water bottle is made from stainless steel with a silicone top that turns into a large cup. Just flip up the sleeve when you need to fill it with water, fill it, let your dog take a drink and then fold it back down when you’re finished. This is great because you don’t need anything else. No extra bowls and it’s virtually mess free. The bottle comes in two sizes: 27 ounces and 40 ounces so depending on how big your dog is or how many you have, it might be beneficial to get a larger bottle.
Key Features of the Tuff Pupper Portable Water Bottle:
- Simple and Easy to Use – No complicated parts or extra bowl required. If you’re someone who values easy-of-use then you can’t go wrong with this product.
- Dog Safe Materials – Makeshift bottles or regular plastic bottles may not be the best for letting your dog drink out of. With these FDA approved materials, the water you store in the bottle is always safe for your pup to drink.
- Size & Shape – Similar to the size of a normal canteen, you can store your dog’s water in a convenient location when traveling or out for a walk. It’s easy to carry and doesn’t get in the way.
- Warranty – You can’t beat a 60 day money back guarantee and a lifetime guarantee against manufacturer defects. The product that offers these guarantees is confident in their product and with amazing reviews, we see no reason you shouldn’t be confident in this dog drinking bottle either.
Lesotc Foldable Dog Water Bottle
The Lesotc foldable water bottle is great if you plan on carrying your dog’s water regularly on hikes or walks. The water bottle is lightweight and perfectly safe for your dog to drink from. The water bowl is food standard silicone so you don’t have to worry about any strange smells and is easy to clean when you’re done.
The portable water bottle comes with a hand strap and foldable water bow that makes it easy to carry around when needed. The foldable cap doubles as the water bowl. Just squeeze the bottle with one hand and the water will flow into the bowl making quite convenient when stopping for a quick drink to stay hydrated.
Key Features of the Lesotc Foldable Dog Water Bottle:
- No Water Leaks – The bottle is designed with a waterproof lock so water doesn’t come out until you’re ready to use it. It should also give you peace-of-mind if you need to store it in a bag when traveling.
- Built-in Water Pipe – The bottle is designed to maximize convenience and reduce waste. Even if there’s just a little bit of water left in the bottom of the bottle, you can give it a squeeze and water will funnel into the pipe and out into the bowl.
- Easy to Clean – Nothing is worse than owning a water bottle that is hard to clean. Not only is it time-consuming but it can also be unsanitary. This bottle has completely detachable parts so it’s convenient and quick to clean.
AutoDogMug Highwave Leak-Tight Portable Dog Bottle
The autodogmug leak-tight is a great alternative to public water bowls when traveling. Even water bowls that are designed for pets can contain harmful germs and bacteria. The best alternative is to make use of this easy-to-use dog water bottle to keep your dog hydrated when away from home.
Similar to the previous travel water bottle, this bottle is easy to use one-handed. Just squeeze the bottle and water will flow out into the funnel allowing your dog to take a quick drink. When your dog is done, the rest of the water flows back into the bottle. No waste or mess created and you can continue on your journey with a happy and hydrated pup.
Key Feature s of the AutoDogMug Highwave Leak-Tight:
- Easy to Use – One of the key features we look for when recommending dog travel bottles is how easy they are to use. It doesn’t get easier than squeezing the bottle until your dog has had its fill and then the rest of the water flows back into the bottle. Quick and easy with no hassle.
- Leak-Tight – Another thing that’s almost a must have for a portable water bottle is one that won’t leak under any circumstances. The bottle is designed with a leak-tight shut off valve that only allows water out when you’re ready to use it.
- Relatively Small – Depending on the size of your dog, this might not be the bottle for you but 22 ounces of water should suffice for most short trips or walks. It’s not so big that it gets in the way and comes in handy when your dog needs a quick drink.
MalsiPree Dog Water Bottle (Puppy Water Dispenser)
The MalsiPree portable dog water bottle isn’t exclusively for puppies as far as we can tell but it makes it onto this list because of its size and the fact it does work well for smaller dogs and puppies. The 12 oz capacity (19 oz options available) might not be large enough for long outings for larger dogs but is the perfect size when it comes to puppies and smaller dogs. Another reason we feel like this bottle deserves a spot on our list is that it’s durable. It’s made from high-quality materials and the size means it is convenient to carry or store without getting in the way.
Key Features of the MalsiPree Leak Proof Portable Dog Water Bottle:
- No Wasted Water – Unlike the other products listed, this bottle has a unique button you press when you want water to be dispensed. Once you’re done, let the water flow back into the bottle and press the lock button to prevent any leaks.
- Safe & Durable – Made from FDA approved materials, you never have to worry about if your portable dog water bottle is acceptable for your dog or puppy to drink from. It’s completely safe unlike public water bowls that could be potentially risky to drink from.
- One-Hand Use – Convenient and easy to use just the way you want your bottle. Easy to give your dog a drink without needing to fiddle with a complicated water bowl that has multiple parts.
Tiovery Dog Water Bottle
It isn’t quite as easy to use with one hand, but the Tiovery portable dog water dispenser deserves the final spot on our list. This 20 ounce travel water bottle is ideal for outdoor hikes and walks. It’s still relatively easy to use. The bottle comes with a foldable wide drinking cap that expands giving you a place to squeeze the water for your dog to get a drink. You can definitely feed the water using one hand and it comes with a hand band that makes it convenient and comfortable to carry.
We believe 20 ounces is enough water for a walk or hike and is small enough that it doesn’t cause any discomfort when carrying it. The bottle is made from high-quality FDA approved materials like every bottle on this list and comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but we think you’ll be more than satisfied once you use it.
Key Features of the Tiovery Dog Water Bottle for Walking:
- Leaf Shaped Bowl – It gives your dog plenty of room to get enough water to quench their thirst and is easy to remove and clean. You also won’t have to worry about water leaking once the bottle is sealed which is always good to hear just in case you need to store it somewhere.
- Fluorescent Rope – Not necessarily a mandatory feature, but we thought the carrying rope that is attached to the dog water bottle is a nice addition and can help you find the bottle in the dark.
- Ergonomic Design – The build and shape of the bottle is no different than a standard water bottle that you would use on a daily basis. It fits anywhere a regular water bottle would and is comfortable to carry around for extended amounts of time.
Portable Dog Water Bottle FAQ
Regular water bottles aren’t convenient or practical for a dog to drink out of. Specially made dog water bottles make it easy for your dog to drink from. Usually these bottles will come with some type of cone or funnel lid that doubles as a bowl. These portable bottles are anywhere from 12 ounces to 24 ounces and are great for short trips or walks when it’s hot outside. These dog water bottles are also much safer than using public watering options. Consider picking one up for your dog before your next trip or long walk.
Dog water bottles are specially made bottles that have a cone or detachable bowl that holds water for your dog to drink from. Depending on the bottle, they can either be one handed bottles that you squeeze to force water into the funnel or the lid detaches into a cone where you poor water. Regardless of the design, dog water bottles are much easier and more practical than carrying around a large dog water bowl.
A good portable dog water bottle will have 3 key features:
First, the design will be convenient and easy-to-use. It will either contain a funnel or cone to pour water into making it easy for your dog to stay hydrated without being complicated or having multiple parts.
Second, a good dog water bottle will have a leak-free design. There’s nothing worse than storing your dog’s water bottle in your backpack or bag and having water leak everywhere. Quality water bottles will seal completely and never leak.
Lastly, they will ideally be easy to clean. Hygiene is important for dogs too and having a bottle that doesn’t easily come apart to clean can lead to germ and bacteria buildup. You want a bottle that comes apart easily and is dishwasher safe to ensure it’s completely clean for the next time you use it.
Every portable dog water bottle is going to be different and have unique instructions but most quality bottles should be top shelf dishwasher safe. Remove any lids or caps and run it through the dishwasher. If you’re not comfortable doing that, you can always just use regular dish soap and scrub every crevice between uses to ensure it’s clean before your next use.