Traveling with your dog is a great experience. Whether you’re travelling for hours for a specific reason or just for leisure, your dog will make for great company. One of the challenges when traveling with your dog is providing them food and water in the car. Portable dog bowls make that task a little easier, but then you have to find a place to store them.
Collapsible dog bowls are more convenient and easier to store, so we set out to find the best collapsible dog bowls available, so you can find one that fits your needs. We did extensive research to find you a bowl that will have you enjoying your travels without worrying about how to feed or give your dog water.
SLSON Collapsible Dog Water Bowl
Convenient and effective is what most people need when traveling and the SLSON Collapsible Dog Water Bowl is just that. The collapsible design is a great space-saver and allows you to give your dog food and water easily when you’re traveling, hiking, camping or just on a stroll outdoors.
The design of this collapsible bowl makes carrying it around easy with their climbing buckle, so you can attach it to your belt, backpack, leash or camping gear. The lightweight material means you won’t even know it’s there until you need it.
Speaking of material, the bowl is crafted with high-quality silicone that is both durable and completely safe for your dog to consume food and water from. Unlike plastic, these bowls will last you dozens of uses without showing any sign of breaking.
Key Feature of the SLSON Collapsible Dog Bowl:
- Collapsible Design
- Two Sizes: Small (5.1” x 3.5” x 2.1”) and Large (6.8” x 4.9” x 2.9”)
- Holds up to 12 ounces of water or 1.5 cups of food
- Easy to clean – Dishwasher safe or you can just wipe them out after each use
- Climbing buckle makes storing it easy
- Comes with 2 bowls
Overall, this collapsible dog bowl is small enough to make traveling with it super easy but large enough for most dog sizes. With more than 4,200 5-star ratings as of writing this, we can confidently say that this collapsible dog bowl is one of the best around. Affordable, durable and compact all are great features to have when traveling.
Bonza Large Collapsible Dog Bowl
Sometimes you need a big bowl when traveling with a big dog. The Bonza Large Collapsible Dog Bowl is just the bowl for you if you travel with multiple dogs or just one big dog. This full adjustable bowl adjusts to fit your needs.
Expand the bowl just a little if your dog just needs a quick drink to avoid wasting water. This is great for shorter walks and hikes or full expand the bowl to fill it completely. Once you’re done, the bowl collapses flat to make storing easy and takes up almost no space.
One of the great things about this bowl is that it comes with a water bottle holder. This makes hiking with this bowl really convenient because you can keep the bowl and water bottle together to make accessing it easier than a standard water bowl. Just slide the silicone bottle holder over a standard size water bottle and then clip it to your bag or luggage.
Key Features of the Bonza Large Collapsible Dog Bowl:
- Two Sizes: Large (7.75” x 7 x 3” (0.75” when collapsed)). This holds up to 40 ounces of water and ideal for medium/large dogs (over 50 pounds) and Extra Large (8.66” x 7.87” x 3.4” (0.75” collapsed)). This holds up to 50 ounces of water and ideal for large dogs (over 100 pounds).
- High-grade silicone with a 100% BPA free plastic rim making it completely safe for your dog to drink from.
- Water bottle holder makes it easy to keep your water and bowl together for easy access.
- Dishwasher safe and completely odorless
- One-year manufacturer warranty
Overall, we feel this bowl checks all the boxes for what you would need when traveling with a larger dog. As of writing, this bowl has received an 85% 5-star rating and lives up to the standards of other dog owners.
UPSKY Dog Water Bottle
Looking for an all-in-one product for holding your dog’s food, water and collapsible dog bowl? Well the UPSKY Dog Water Bottle with Collapsible Dog Bowls checks those boxes. The dual-use design of the water bottle allows you to store dry food and water in the same bottle.
The water bottle comes with two collapsible bowls made from silicone that each have a clip on them to keep the bottle and bowls together. This is the perfect product for short trips or an outdoor hike. The great thing about this bottle is that it’s not only durable but contains a leak-proof lid which is an absolute must when you’re on the go.
There’s nothing worse than being on a hike with your dog and finding out the water has spilled in your bag when you’re both thirsty. The leak-proof lid contains a silicone gasket that seals the bottle tightly keeping the liquid in and air out.
Key Features of the UPSKY Dog Water Bottle:
- Two chambers allow you to store dry food and water in the same bottle
- Leak-proof lid
- Comes with two collapsible bowls
- Food grade materials; BPA-free
- Easy to carry
Overall, the quality of the plastic used for this water bottle makes it a sturdy choice for when you and your dog take a trip or go on a hike if you have a bag to attach it to. Some reviews have mentioned it being difficult to carry since it doesn’t contain a handle but should be fine for keeping in the car or a backpack when on the go.
Tuff Pupper Super Big Slurp Collapsible Dog Bowl
Easily the biggest collapsible dog bowls we have on our list. This Tuff Pupper offers a bow that can hold 100 fluid ounces of water or up-to 12 cups of dog food. You wouldn’t think a bowl like that can be collapsible but it holds a ton and is super slim making storage fairly easy.
These massive bowls are built with high-quality materials that prevent slipping and are spill proof. You would think a bowl this size would collapse on itself but it’s rigid enough to not collapse even when filled completely full.
We recommend this bowl to people who travel with multiple dogs or have a dog the size of a horse. Other than that, maybe get one of the smaller sizes or consider a bowl that better fits what you need when traveling with your furry friend.
Key Feature of the Tuff Pupper Collapsible Dog Bowls:
- Three sizes: Large (40 oz), XL (60 oz) and XXL (100 oz)
- Collapsible pet feeding bowl can expand into two different sizes
- No-slip and spill proof
- Heavy duty and won’t break if dropped
- 100% food grade silicone top and odorless
Overall, a great collapsible bowl for when you’re traveling but will be in one location for an extended period of time. We don’t see it being practical to fill 40+ oz containers for a quick drink while on a road trip or a quick hike.
It is great, however, for extended stays outside in a single location and you have a large dog or multiple dogs that need access to water. 100 ounces should be more than enough for hours of outdoor activity even on the hottest days.
PetBonus 4-Pack Silicone Collapsible Dog Bowls
Who doesn’t love getting quality and quantity? That’s what you get with these collapsible dog bowls. You get four bowls that each hold 12 ounces of water or 1.5 cups of food. This is great for when you want to keep a spare in the car or in your backpack instead.
These bowls are large enough to use when traveling, going to the dog park on a day hike but small enough to store conveniently without getting in the way. Just like many of the other collapsible bowls, they have a way for you to clip them to a belt loop or backpack for easy storage and easy to access.
Key Feature of the PetBonus Collapsible Dog Bowls:
- 100% Premium Food Grade Silicone
- Quantity: 4; each has a unique color
- Small and compact
- Size: 5” x 2” x 5”
- Holds 12 ounces of water or 1.5 cups of food
- Dishwasher Safe
Overall, nothing too fancy about these bowls other than their colors, but they do what they advertise. If you have a larger dog or multiple large dogs, we recommend a bigger collapsible bowl, but for most people, these bowls should get the job done
Outward Hound Kyjen Port A Bowl
We didn’t want to only feature silicone dog bowls, so we decided on this nylon collapsible dog bowl. Not much to say about the product. It features a sturdy design that will hold its shape even after multiple uses and holds up to 48 ounces of water, which is more than enough for traveling or hiking with your dog.
Key Features of the Outward Hound Kyjen Collapsible Bowl:
- Tough nylon material makes for a more durable bowl
- Two Sizes: 24 ounces and 48 ounces
- Folds for compact and convenient storage
- Easy to clean and dries quickly
Overall, we feel this dog bowl is one you should consider if you aren’t interested in the others we listed here. The high-quality material will hold up to anything you throw at it but they do warn you shouldn’t leave water in it for extended periods of time, which could mean it will leak after a while. For most, this shouldn’t be too much of a concern, but it is worth noting for anyone wanting to know of any downsides.
Reasons to Buy Collapsible Dog Bowls
Unlike traditional dog bowls, collapsible dog bowls have the advantage of being portable and easy to store when traveling. When you’re going on a road trip, to the dog park or on a long hike, you don’t want to tote around a large bowl that takes up a lot of space.
Collapsible dog bowls allow you to give your dog food and water while away from home without needing to store an annoying traditional bowl. They are made from light but durable materials such as nylon and silicone and they are completely safe for your dog.
Advantages to Using Collapsible Dog Bowls
Every dog owner who travels with their dog or has taken long hikes with their furry friend knows the struggles that come with carrying a container for food and water. Anyone who hasn’t tried a collapsible dog bowl should consider the following benefits to buying one:
- Compact. The most obvious reason to buy one is going to be the biggest benefit. Having something that will hold an adequate amount of food and water for your dog while away from home and can be stored in your pocket or backpack is a must buy.
- Easy to Use. Who wants to go through the process of buying a product that is a hassle to use, clean then put away. Collapsible dog bowls are made from materials that are easy to clean out and generally dry very fast. They save you time and energy.
- Multiple sizes. Similar to traditional dog bowls, collapsible bowls come in multiple colors and sizes that fit every size of dog imaginable.
Choosing The Best Collapsible Dog Bowl
Like with any product you buy for yourself or your dog, you want to be knowledgeable and feel like you bought something that adds value to your life. Choosing the best collapsible dog bowl is no easy task as there are dozens of similar products making the same claims but for different prices.
Here are a few things to consider before making your purchase:
- Materials. You want a collapsible bowl that is strong, durable and will last you a long time. Nothing worse than buying a product that breaks after only a few uses. The best materials we found were silicone and nylon. Both offer the durability and strength you need.
- Size. As mentioned before, size is an advantage of buying a collapsible bowl but you must get one that is the correct size for your dog. Buying too small or too big can be annoying so it’s best to pick one that fits your dog.
- Weight. While they may be compact, not all collapsible bowls weigh the same. You don’t want to purchase a bulky bowl with noticeable weight. The idea behind these bowls is finding one that you can store and carry without it being a burden. Check the weight of the bowl before making your final decision.
- Functionality. Is it easy to use? A very important feature to consider but one often overlooked. Pick one that folds and unfolds easily without too much effort and will store away nicely.
Whether you need it for traveling or just going on a hike, finding the best collapsible dog bowl for your dog can be a challenge. The bowls we listed are unfortunately not an extensive list of the available products available, so we encourage you to keep searching if the bowls we recommended aren’t quite what you’re looking for.
Investing in quality products for your dog can be time-consuming, but we hope we at least helped a little in your journey to find a collapsible bowl that is durable, convenient and easy to use.